Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gen 5 Ch 1

The morning after her birthday, Opal was at the salon bright and early. She waited on pins and needles while Sugar Bayou, her potential boss, looked over her student portfolio.

"Okay, show me what you can do at the styling station, Hon. And call me Sugar if you please."
Sugar called everyone 'Hon', even the burly tattoo artist next door.
"Woah! You definitely have some talent, Hon. When can you start?"

She had only been working a few days when who should walk through the door but Jett's dad, Ryan Atkins.
"Hmph. So you're the girl my son is so hyped about. Let's see what you can do. I need something for this wedding of yours."
Opal had convinced Jett to invite his dad to the wedding, although he hadn't wanted to do it. Now she almost regretted her decision. She was so nervous her hands were shaking as she offered styling suggestions. She knew from Jett what a temper his dad had. If he didn't like her makeover, it could be bad news.


What the...? This was definitely not the outfit she had in mind when she started!
"I'm so sorry, Mr. Atkins. Please, please let me do it over for you at no charge!"


"I think not, missy. I believe I'll advertise your so-called talent all over town," he sneered as he turned to leave.
Opal was mortified. It didn't help when she noticed the paparazzi taking notes in the corner.

The wedding was an intimate affair, with family and a few close friends in attendance. Opal was almost relieved to see that Jett's father wasn't there, although she felt bad for Jett.

"With this ring I thee wed."
"You may kiss the bride."

Jupiter Belle was the only one who remembered the rice.

Jupiter seemed bored by his mom's guitar solo. But then again, he was bored by most anything, Opal thought to herself. She also wondered why Lola was wearing a swim suit. How odd.

Jett's dad finally showed up about half way through the reception. Opal was relieved to see he was not wearing that awful outfit he had on when he left the salon.

Unfortunately, the first thing he did after shaking Dayna's hand was to seek out Rocky.
"What the heck is up with the Bridgeport team this season? I've lost a lot of money because of you! Bunch of talentless idiots out on the field!"

Rocky tried to calm him down, but he wouldn't hear it.
"Don't talk to me about injuries. Bunch of wusses if you ask me."

Opal missed the whole argument. She only had eyes for Jett.
"Let's head upstairs," she whispered with a flirty little wink.

Jett secured a gig down at Waylon's, and soon garnered a small but loyal following. The crowd was rough, and the pay wasn't much, but he enjoyed it. He wasn't in it for the money, it was all about the music.

Soon after the wedding Opal found herself pregnant,but that didn't stop her from pursuing her dream. Her heart's desire was to be on top of the fashion world, designer for the stars, so to speak.  She didn't miss a day at the salon, not even those first few months when she was sick every morning.


Jett wasn't really into TV, so they bought a shuffle board for the house.
"Dang it, I missed again."
"Hehe. If you'd stop staring at me you might hit more often."
"You're so gorgeous I just can't help it."

"I can't believe how lucky I am. A beautiful wife, a new baby, and my own music.
Did you know my dad wanted me to be an athlete? He was so angry when it turned out I suck at sports. 
But enough of that. I'm in a music mood. You want to play with me?"

Opal wasn't nearly as good as Jett, but it was still fun to jam together.

"Owwww! Jett, I think it's time!"


Welcome home, baby Peridot.

2 comments:

  1. love your clothes there so cute :3
    Very unique names too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Most of them are just recolored game clothes. I do have some cc maternity stuff since EA's are so horrid.

    ReplyDelete