Monday, June 20, 2011

Gen 7 Ch 2

Coal really hadn't wanted a bachelor party, but his cousin Orin insisted. It turned out to be not nearly as bad as he had expected.
"You were right after all, Cuz. Good times!"
"Heh heh, just wait 'til you see what else I have planned..."


"Oh good, looky here Coal, our special entertainment has just arrived!"


"Orin! You did not invite dancing girls, did you!?"


"Hey, hey, it's all cool, Cuz. We're gonna send you off in style!"


"Haha! got ya!"


"Got ya back!"


"Since we're all wet already, might as well finish off the night on the water slide."


After that wild night, Coal was glad they had planned the wedding for the evening - it gave him a chance to recover. Even so, he encountered a massive case of nerves right before the ceremony. 
"Come on, Coal," he whispered under his breath as he tried to work up his courage. "Raven's waiting for you, you can do this."

Little did he realize that Raven was experiencing her own pre-wedding jitters.


All his nervousness was forgotten as their eyes met under the wedding arch. He was vaguely aware of hearing his mom, and even his dad, sniffling in the background, and his mind began to wander, back to the day he had first walked into the Prosper Room and seen Raven there behind the bar. It had truly been love at first sight, at least on his part.


An encouraging smile from his beautiful bride brought him back to the present.
"I, Coal, take you, Raven, to be my loving wife....."


As their lips met for the first time as husband and wife, he was quite sure he had never been happier than at this exact moment.


There had been quite a discussion over the wedding cake. Coal didn't like the idea of serving anything that he or Raven hadn't made themselves, but Raven couldn't cook at all, and he wasn't much better. So they agreed to serve a purchased cake for their guests, and Raven agreed that Coal didn't have to eat it if he didn't want to.


Their wedding night was truly a night to remember.

A few days later, while Raven was busy writing thank you notes, Crystal interrupted her.
"Raven, can I talk to you for a minute?"
"Sure, hon, what's up?"
"Well, my mom wants to send my away to boarding school. She found this arts school that sounds fantastic, but I'm not sure I want to leave home. You went to boarding school, didn't you? What was it like?"
"I did. I learned so much, and met so many cool people. If your mom is giving you the chance, you should definitely take her up on it, you won't regret it.
"Thanks, that helps a lot. I better go get packed, I leave tomorrow!"



"I'm gonna be a daddy?"
Coal and Raven were both overjoyed when they found out they were expecting. They both agreed a baby girl would be wonderful.


"Are you alright, sweetheart? You look a little stressed."


"The baby's coming!"


Welcome home, Topaz!


Grandma Emerald and Grandpa William were thrilled about their first grandchild.


'Haha, I'm not too old to enjoy a slide or two!"


Coal was quite sure he had never seen such a beautiful little girl in all his life.


He was not quite so thrilled about the baby gift Topaz had received from Raven's great aunt.
"I think it's watching me."
"'Haha, don't be silly, sweetheart," Raven replied. "I think it's cute, and Topaz seems to love it. It's just a doll, nothing more...."




1 comment:

  1. Cute update! =)

    And such lovely surroundings. I'm tempted to copy the example in your first picture up there if I'm ever forced to create my own bar for a town that has none.

    ReplyDelete